Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ice Cream Social - Fathoms + Remixage

I met Sam (Ice Cream Social) through our mutual friend Devin (Lion, Roar!). I started checking out his blog, and listening to the songs he posted as he made them. They caught my ear, but it wasn't until after I finally talked him into sending me his full album that I truly recognized his genius.

Fathoms is 13 minutes and 24 seconds of pure music magic. A fully realized instrumental concept album (which is no small feat). I offered my services as a designer and ended up doing the artwork for the album. I did the world map (above) and cover (below). Now check out the album:

Ice Cream Social - Fathoms
Fathoms is the soundtrack to an imaginary video game, paying tribute to side-scrolling platform games from the 16-bit era of SNES, Genesis and DOS with a modern spin.

1 Anthem
2 Galaxy
3 Factory
4 Jungle
5 City
6 Forest
7 Underwater
8 Cave
9 Boss
DOWNLOAD

*Bonus Shiz:
I also did a remix for the song jungle as well. Check that out here:
Ice Cream Social - Jungle (Wolves Remix) by Wolves Of Saint August

Status: Official
File Under: Wolves Remixes Vol.4
Duration: 4:13
Inspiration: Toro Y Moi, RAC (nintendo vs. sega), Starscream

No comments:

Post a Comment