Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Slugabed

I randomly stumbled across Slugabed. I was browsing myspace and saw him on somebody else's top 8 (or whatever it's called nowadays). He's part of a genre which I believe is called post-dub-step. His music is head scratching to say the least. He creates vastly unique sounds that are always interesting sounding. The thing that is really strange about him is what I heard elsewhere described as his off kilter beats. All of his music doesn't neccesarily seem like it's in time with all the other elements. When you listen to the song Quantum Leap it doesn't seem like all the elements are really moving at the same tempo, but it all somehow works. Sometimes I can't tell if Slugabed knows nothing about music, or he's a music genius.

Make sure to check out his new ep Ultra Heat Treated. And his remixes of Rick James - Superfreak, and ODB - Got your money. As well as this remix of La Roux.

La Roux - In For The Kill (Slugabed Remix)

Also Check out his criminally underviewed video for Quantum Leap. Which is one of the coolest music videos I've seen in a long time. The world needs more head banging cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment