Tuesday, June 22, 2010

THE NU WAVE - MY FAVORITE DRUG (WOLVES REMIX)

I stumbled across The Nu Wave one day while surfing ap.net's free music Friday. Their EP was a ton of fun. Every song was catchy as hell. I contacted them almost immediately and asked them if they were interested in me doing a remix for them. It turns out they were.

This was one of those remixes where after I finally got it to a good place I spent a good week or two tweaking to get it just right. The guitar was particularly hard to integrate, because so much of the remix is electronics, I just couldn't get it to jive with the rest of track, and none of my usual tricks were working. Finally I just sat and listened to the guitar track by itself for a while. I found one part in particular really caught my interest. In the end I only used about 2 seconds of the whole guitar clip, and just looped it backwards and forwards a ton of times. I was really inspired by dubstep for this one, and listened to a lot of slugabed and numbernin6 while working on this. I loved how the verse bass line came out.

Download the Track Here

The Nu Wave - My Favorite Drug (Wolves Withdrawl Remix) by Wolves Of Saint August

And make sure to go download The Nu Wave's free EP over HERE.

Status: Official
File Under: Wolves Remixes Vol.3
Duration: 4:28
Inspiration: Daft Punk - Tron Legacy Theme (John Roman Remix), Innerpartysystem - Last Night In Brooklyn (Numbernin6 Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment