Monday, March 1, 2010

BRIAN BEYKE - JOEL (AUTUMN)(WOLVES REMIX)

The thing that really stood out about Brian Beyke for me was that I thought it was so cool that he was doing this big post rock sound by himself. The other thing I thought was amazing about his music was that even though it was rather minimal, each of the songs had parts that really drew you in. Each song had an individuality to it with some sort of special element that keeps what is a rather acute sound from blending together.

This remix went through a lot of transformation while I was working on it. The first two or three versions I did were over 6 minutes long, and it just wasn't quite working, so even though it was going to be a ton of work, I tore the whole thing down, and started over again. The thing I'm always trying to do with remixes is make something that sounds completely different from the original. With this one I tried turning a slow lilting song into a slightly more upbeat atmospheric electronic song. It's probably going to sound really out of place on my next remix album, but here you go:

Check out the remix HERE.
Check out Brian over HERE.

Status:
Official
File Under: Wolves Remixes Vol.3
Duration: 3:39
Inspiration: Nosaj Thing, Ratatat

No comments:

Post a Comment