Tuesday, March 2, 2010

DADA music

This album is kind of more of a compilation or anthology of sorts. DADA music is basically a collection of the best mash-ups I've done over the past five years. It all started a long time ago back during my days in Who-Rey-Grad. I was making these mixtapes that I called Heironymous Machine. I did two and started working on a third one (which I worked on for about 2 years and subsequently never finished). Recently I realized I had all this music just sitting on my computer and some of it wasn't half bad, so I decided to put all the stuff that was any good together and release it as an album under my wolves moniker. All the tracks have been tweaked and retouched so if you had somehow came across the original stuff, these version should be a lot better.


The name Dada music come from the DADA movement in which artist took things out of magazines and newspapers and made art pieces out of them. An eerily similar process compared to how I construct my mash-ups. These are definitely not your traditional mash-ups (not to pat myself on the back for doing something original, but to warn you that these may not be what you would traditionally expect to hear when you hear the phrase mash-up). Another little disclaimer, like I said before a lot of this stuff is super old an even though I polished every, thing it's all still a little rough, but that's kind of half the fun of it, so be gentle. Well enough of my ramblings, below are all the liner notes and links to downloads:


DADA music

All music stolen and then cut and pasted by Wolves Of Saint August

01 Machine *

02 Laude Mouths (FALL OF TROY vs VELVET TEEN)

03 Robot-Human-Absolution (DAFT PUNK vs MUSE)

04 The Quiet Sunrise (BRAND NEW vs MINUS THE BEAR)

05 Crunk Shiskas At Club Tokyo (SAY ANYTHING vs TOKYO POLICE CLUB)

06 A Valuable Lesson **

07 Protest Tongs 65' (65DAYSOFSTATIC vs ANIMAL COLLECTIVE vs REFUSED)

08 Disgrace Anthem (RADIOHEAD vs FUGAZI)

09 Passenger Of America (MONEEN vs DEFTONES)

10 Close To The Edge Of A Floating World (ANATHALLO vs YES)

11 Future Worlds (RUSH vs DELTRON 3030)

12 Journey ***

DOWNLOAD FULL ALBUM


* Samples: Sharks Keep Moving, At-The Drive In, The Velvet Teen, Glassjaw, Q and Not U, Refused, Death From Above 1979, The Format, The Get Up Kids, Finch, Gruvis Malt, Dialouge Taken from the Venture Bros

** Features samples from the song My Favorite Accident by Motion City Soundtrack

*** All samples from Rick Wakeman’s Journey To The Center Of Earth


Status: Illegal
File Under: DADA music
Duration: 53:05
Inspiration: 65daysofstatic Unreleased/Unreleasable Mixtapes, Legion Of Doom, Girl Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment