Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Fuck Buttons

Fuck Buttons was one of those groups that I heard whispers about for a while before I actually checked them out. I'd given them a couple cursory glances in the past, but a couple months ago I finally sat down and listened to Tarot Sport, and was totally blown away. Fuck Buttons does what is so hard to come by in music today, they make original music, that while it's influenced by things in the past, doesn't try to imitate anything.

Their musical style is something like Explosions in Sky meets MSTRKRFT. A style I like to call Postro (Post Rock + Electro). Unfortunately I haven't seen them live , but from what I've seen online they have an amazing live show, that translates exactly to what they do on the album by layering what seems like tons of midi synth arpeggios. They've got some killer remixes as well, and I hope they start doing more in the future, make sure to check out their remix of Fever Ray's If I Had A Heart. All in all do yourself a favor and check out Tarot Sport.

Fuck Buttons - Surf Solar

Finally here is a video of them preforming Sweet Love For Planet Earth from their first album Street Horrrsing

No comments:

Post a Comment