Monday, February 8, 2010

Nosaj Thing

I just went and saw the Magical Properties Tour this weekend with Daedelus, Jogger and Nosaj Thing. The show was amazing, and I highly recommend checking it out if it comes to your area. While they were all great, I really dug the shit out Nosaj thing. My bud Devin (aka Lion, ROAR!) turned me onto him a couple weeks ago, and I've haven't stopped listening to him since.

The really interesting thing about him was that on his album everything seems pretty slow and laid back, but live me makes his stuff insanely danceable. I also love how his music sounds so dense and sparse at the same time. His music is definitely influencing the new remix I'm working on, and it definately shares some traits with the new music I'm making.

Here are some tracks. One is the song he produced for the rapper Nocando, and the other is off his debut album drift.
Nocando - Head Static (produced by Nosaj Thing)
Nosaj Thing - 1685 Bach

1 comment:

  1. Interesting blog. Hi...I'm Fallon, a fictitious character in Bobby Harwell's novel Flawed. Bobby played the senator in Human Nature. If you'd like more of Bobby's film credits please go to IMDb.com. If you would like to know more about his novel or how to buy it please go to brharwell.com. We filmed a video of the prologue to Flawed. Go to the link in th blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete